Monday, June 13, 2011

Building a Base

Recently, while reading Runners World magazine with my momma, we came across an article that displayed a 16 week plan to your first marathon. I was super excited, I thought to myself "I can stay motivated for 16 weeks, right?" Well, as we read the article more closely we found that a base must be built for at least a year before doing this 16 week training. So, for the next year and 16 weeks I am going to try being a runner. I am starting out small. Last week I ran 2 miles 3 times. This week I am planning on doing the same. Next month I am planning on adding another day, and hopefully by around september/october I'll be running around 20 miles a week(so 5mi. 4days/week.) Last year I could run so far, so it is a little bit discouraging, but I am excited!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you won't be in satan valley. Like your last post.

    ReplyDelete