Monday, April 19, 2010

the lovely dentist

Last week, I had the not so wonderful opportunity to visit the dentist. Although I love the actual man himself(he is my best friend's dad), I dislike visiting him at work. I really don't like the horrid feeling/sound of the polisher when they clean your teeth, and then the hygienist who was helping me was really rough while flossing. I'm going to be honest-I'm not a great flosser, but when I do floss, it doesn't hurt that bad, so why was it hurting while she flossed? Well, sadly I did not get to the sign the no-cavity poster as I walked out because I had two cavities, which brings me to the main part of my story.

I got to re-visit the dentist today-to get two cavities filled, one on each side of my mouth=an entirely numb mouth. Well, the entire thing wasn't numb, just the bottom half and half of my tonge, but it was bad enough. The worst part was that although the right half of my lip/cheek/face was numb, it still hurt while he was drilling. Not fun. I did get laughing gas though, and that was fun.

I know this wasn't embarrassing or anything, but it's all I have for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, those dental hygienists floss like they are hunting for treasure in your gums. It always hurts.

    ReplyDelete