Monday, October 4, 2010

Don't You dare Slip!!

The weather has been pleasantly gray today. Lots of clouds and rain and little bit of thunder. As I walked to class with my super cute purple umbrella, and on my way I cross a couple of streets, but as I was crossing one, a girl was going the other way. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal except the ground is obviously wet from the rain, and because I don't jay walk, I was in a crosswalk. Well, this other chick was wearing flip-flops, and as she stepped on the painted crosswalk she slipped, but luckily did not fall down, but the thing is, when she slipped I gasped. Pretty loudly. A couple of people gave me interesting looks because they had not seen the girl slipping and sliding across the street as I had.

The worst part is, this is not the first time I have reacted badly when someone has slipped. Last winter when at BYU-Idaho the stairs to our apt were iced over and my roommate Dara slipped. I screamed.

1 comment:

  1. I think we learned the gasping from Lizzy. Like that one time she stepped off the curb... I always gasp over little things, and it never fails to frighten the people around me.

    ReplyDelete